IOM will be providing administrative visa-related services through the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), aimed at making the visa application process timelier and more convenient.
Under the overall supervision of the CVAC Project Coordinator and direct supervision of the CVAC Regional Coordinator programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the incumbent will monitor and provide administrative oversight and support for the CVAC operated by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide effective daily supervision, oversight and management of CVAC activities and staff, ensuring dignified, efficient and cost-effective service delivery with integrity, in line with all contractual obligations of the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) contract and with all IOM rules and regulations and CVAC operating procedures.
- Keep up to date and maintain understanding of contract conditions to facilitate successful inspection results from audits conducted by IRCC representatives and by IOM or VFS Global staff. Support the CVAC Regional Coordinator and the CVAC Project Coordinator proposing actions to address deficiencies in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Support the CVAC Regional Coordinator in maintaining close liaison and coordination with the relevant IRCC Specified Office: collect and report feedback, issues, challenges, appreciations; conduct day to day communication with the staff and build productive and positive relations.
- Distribute application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, e-mail and chat inquiries from clients as appropriate (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Collect, return and forward completed applications as per IRCC checklists while ensuring that 99% of biometrics collection is associated with the correct applicant: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; ensure all packages are affixed with the correct barcode, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants within five business days of request, as required.
- Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable Canadian visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same; Safe keeping of all applications, supporting documentation and fees collected and responsible for CVAC office keys; report any suspicion of financial malfeasance to the CoM.
- Data Capture; Maintain a high degree of knowledge of CVAC software platform provided; enter all applicant data, enroll biometrics following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) provided by IRCC as required, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to IRCC; Ensure that all personal information is kept secure at all times, and destroyed within agreed timelines as per the IRCC contract;
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily; submit all weekly and monthly reports within the specified time period; understand fully the VIRE platform to ensure that VSS reporting is timely and accurate;
- Evaluate work flow and review processing times in the CVAC; evaluate applicants’ feedback and the flow of applicants on premises; report to the CVAC Regional Coordinator on necessary action for staffing changes; understand the working of the QMS system and ensure that 95% of all appointments are commenced within 20 minutes of their scheduled start time;
- Ensure programme integrity by supervising compliance of CVAC Client Service Assistants with IOM Standards of Conduct and the IRCC Statement of Work; report on internal investigations where required.
- Inform management immediately of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work, take necessary actions to rectify and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
- Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
For full Terms of Reference, download them below in a document titled: VN 2019-06 - CVAC Team Leader IOM Mauritius
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their full applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) by email to email@example.com, by November 12th, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (VN 2019-06) in the subject line of the email application. The Personal History (P11) form can be downloaded on the IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.