Under the direct supervision to the CVAC Team Leader programmatically, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the reception and provision of information to clients, including: distribution of
information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements;
2. Assist with telephone, e-mail, inquiries from clients (including requirements for
submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely
and accurate information to clients;
3. Provide assistance to clients with Value Added Services. Informing clients of any
changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
4. Issue tokens to applicants from CVAC queue management system.
5. Schedule biometric appointments upon request from applicants.
6. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
7. Immediately inform CVAC Client Assistant Team Leader of any problems or issues
related to daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency
and client service.
8. Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the
CIC Statement of Work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards.
9. Maintain positive working relationships with other CVAC and Mission staff in Port
Louis, VFS Global and CIC CVO staff locally.
10. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
11. Such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University Diploma or equivalent in Customer Relations/Care, Client Services Business Management or Management or related discipline preferred
Experience & Skills
• No year experience required, but previous relevant experiences would be considered an asset;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Excellent knowledge of English, French and Creole;
• Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office;
• Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail;
Fluency in English, French and Mauritian Creole is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) to the Human Resource Unit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 25th, 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (INT2020-01) in the subject line of the email application.
Only complete applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) will be considered. Personal History (P11) form that can be downloaded IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.