Under the overall supervision of the CVAC Team Leader and direct supervision of the CVAC Regional Coordinator programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the incumbent will provide administrative support for the CVAC operated by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide client services to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) contractual obligations and service standards;
- Assist in providing information to the applicants: distribution of forms and checklists; provision of accurate and timely replies to applicants’ enquiries through phone, email, chat and in person; assistance and guidance with value-added services;
- Assist in collecting visa applications and sorting the documents: verification of completeness and correctness of visa application forms; completeness check of the supporting documents; sorting of the documents with relevant checklist; assistance to applicants if the documents are incomplete;
- Input visa application data: maintain an expert user level with the provided application management software, ensure quality check of collected data and generated invoices; accuracy of the tracking of passports and documents; scanning and quality check of supporting documents;
- Collect visa and service fees; review correctness of payment and charge against the application management software; issuance of invoices; daily reconciliation of collected fees and invoices; secure storage of cash;
- Assist in reporting services: daily reports generation and quality check of collected applications and fees; daily reports for contact centre (received calls, call-backs, missed calls etc.) assistance to VAC Team Assistant in quality check;
- Delivery and collection of applications and passports: secure transfer of the visa applications and passports to/from the IRCC specified visa offices; sorting and counting of applications and passports; secure return of passports to applicants and delivery to courier;
- Inform management of any problems or issues related to daily work, security issues, systems and software issues, complaints and make recommendations for improvement;
- Compliance with IOM Staff Rules and Regulations and with all IOM Policies including: “IOM Standards of Conduct”, “IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Principles”, “IOM Information Security Policy”;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Team Assistant or VAC Management.
For full Terms of Reference, download them below in a document titled: VN 2019-07 - CVAC Client Serv. Assist IOM Mauritius
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 12, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (VN 2018-07) in the subject line of the email application.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts complete applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is compulsory for all applications to be accompanied by a Personal History (P11) form that can be downloaded from IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage