Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the
Resource Management Officer in close coordination with Operations Unit, the successful
candidate shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organization’s movement
activities. In particular he/she will be responsible for the following;
- Provide Logistical assistance support to refugees and IOM staff,
- Collection and delivery of mail, parcels and equipment, bank deposits etc. related to IOM,
- Coordinate the logistical needs as relates to ground transportation, accommodation, meals, medical and operational appointments, pre‐departure medical checks and departures and /or arrivals in close co‐ordination with Operations Unit,
- Escort refugees and migrants between IOM Offices and processing/departure locations ensuring that appropriate photo IDs/travel documents are verified,
- Ensure refugees are embarked and disembarked in a timely manner,
- Ensure safety, security concerns and incidences are advised to the RMO and Operations unit,
- Keep vehicle (s) under his/her responsibility in perfect order, as well as the control of periodic maintenance and to report any problems needing assistance/repair,
- Perform daily vehicle check‐up of oil, water, battery brakes, tires etc. and ensure vehicle cleanliness; keep the logbook of each vehicle updated,
- Assist with processing the cancellation of refugee permits at DHA for departing refugees,
- Assist with preparation of refugee travel bags whenever requested,
- Undertake in country and out of country TDY’s as assigned and
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned.
A - Cover letter motivating your application
B - Detailed CV
C - Copy of ID
D - IOM Personnel History form which you will find on http://southafrica.iom.int in the VACANCIES section.
Kindly quote the REFERENCE‐ VNSA2016/05 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.