Under the general supervision of the Head of Office and reporting directly to the Administrative and Finance Assistant, the Incumbent will provide administrative and logistical support to the IOM Mission in Mauritius, also covering Seychelles.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the process of recruitment and selection of staff and non-staff
2. Assist with the record and maintain attendance records (timekeeping);
3. Assist with renewing of diplomatic IDs, Residence and Work Permits;
4. Create and maintain an orderly filing system – both electronically and in hard copy –
according to IOM general guidelines;
5. Prepare various contracts and agreements according to rules and regulations of IOM
and keep record of all consultancy contracts of IOM.
6. Create and maintain database for consultants and interns;
7. Assist with checking of invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided;
8. Prepare settlement of travel authorizations and ensure that calculations in expense claim are conforming to the new travel rules and regulations.
9. Assist in preparing payment requests for service providers and facilitate reimbursement for staff
LOGISTICS / PROCUREMENT:
10. Drives office vehicles to discharge procurement/logistical activities and transport IOM staff on official duties. Responsible for renewal of vehicle licenses.
11. Assist with the procurement, storage, inventory, insurance, and asset management of goods and services;
12. Assist in maintaining an inventory of program assets and equipment, and the provision of office supplies and consumables;
13. Assist with the follow-up with suppliers for the timely delivery of requested supplies and materials and keep the concerned project staff informed on the status of the delivery; negotiate with suppliers and resolve issues related to delivered goods.
14. Support the logistic unit with the preparation of purchase request forms (PRF) and prepare the request for quotations (RFQ), obtain quotations and prepare Bids Analysis Summary.
15. Assist in organizing workshops, meetings and conferences in coordination with other staff members
16. Provide support to ongoing projects or programs.
17. Such other duties as may be assigned.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 02nd, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (VN 2019-04) in the subject line of the email application.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts complete applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is compulsory for all applications to be accompanied by a Personal History (P11) form that can be downloaded from IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy.