The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 162 member states. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The migration health Project Support Officer will provide administrative and technical support to the overall migration health projects, interventions and activities (including Ripfumelo II) in Limpopo Province and will report to the National Migration Health Coordinator. Specific duties will include the following:
- Provide regular support to the management and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the on-going migration health activities in Limpopo province; resolve issues related to project implementation.
- Provide technical support and input to the development of various migration health tools and instruments such as technical guidelines, standard operating procedures, toolkits etc; identifies issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions
- Provide technical and logistical support to the province-specific implementation of Ripfumelo II initiatives specifically
- Providing logistical support to the establishment and convening of relevant provincial and local committees;
- Contribute to the preparation of professional papers, research reports, presentations, articles and proposals;
- Organising and/or supporting national, provincial and local migration health related forums;
- Provide input and participate in relevant provincial technical forums on health/ HIV;
- Facilitate and coordinate the localization of Ripfumelo / PHAMESA strategies and tools
- Undertaking project administrative duties related to overall migration health activities in Limpopo province including tracking budgets, contract management and reporting;
- Compile regular project reports, including narrative and quantitative reports;
- Undertaking other tasks and travel on duty as required
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, public health, development studies, population studies or related discipline. Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline, an advantage
- Knowledge of public health practice and health promotion approaches
- 6 years of relevant experience in Health (specifically HIV, STI and TB) Development, preferably with understanding of community development approaches and methodologies and Social Sciences;
- A good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities and social and cultural constraints and realities in different project sites is desirable;
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org under the REFERENCE: SVNSA2016/01 in the subject line of your email:
a. Cover letter motivating your application
b. Detailed CV
c. Copy of ID
d. IOM personnel history form which you will find on HTTP://SOUTHAFRICA.IOM.INTin the vacancies section
Kindly quote the REFERENCE‐ SVNSA2016/01 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please click on link for more vacancy details: SVNSA2016-01 Project Support Officer - Musina.pdf
Please click on link to access personnel history form: PERSONAL HISTORY FORM.pdf