The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organization, with 162 member states. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The National Migration Health Project Assistant will:
- Provide regular support to the management and implementation of the Ripfumelo II Project;
- Assist in Liaising with implementing partners (IP’s) and relevant stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Contribute to the coordination and implementation of IPs Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) frameworks including coordinating IPs monthly M&E submissions;
- Perform supportive administrative duties including filing of documents, preparing travel Authorisation (TA’s), monitoring of budget expenditure for partners, ensuring that service contracts are up to date and other administrative duties as required
- Compile quarterly expenditure reviews of the Rifpumelo project;
- In coordination with the Migration Health Team for South Africa, contribute to the development and implementation of capacity building programme of IPs on Health Promotion & Service Delivery component of the PHAMESA;
- Provide support to IPs capacity building programme with a specific focus on migration, gender and social and behaviour change communication;
- Organize and manage workshops and meetings logistics such as (venue search, travel arrangements, identification of participants etc.)
- Help with the organization of meetings and visits including minute and report writing, drafting of agendas, ToRs etc;
- Undertake duty travel as required
Education and Experience
- Completion of secondary school (High-school or equivalent diploma). A University degree in public administration is an advantage;
- Good numeracy skills and understanding of basic financial management systems;
- Excellent organizational and administration skills;
- Excellent command of the English language, knowledge of French or Portuguese an asset;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Strong facilitation/training skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Computer competencies in advanced Microsoft Office software;
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to email@example.com under the REFERENCE: SVNSA2016/02 in the subject line of your email:
a. Cover letter motivating your application
b. Detailed CV
c. Copy of ID
d. IOM personnel history form which you will find HTTP://SOUTHAFRICA.IOM.INT in the vacancies section.
Kindly quote the REFERENCE‐ SVNSA2016/02 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please click on link for more vacancy details: SVNSA2016-02 Project Assistant- Preroria.pdf
Please click on link to access personnel history form: PERSONAL HISTORY FORM.pdf