Organizational Context and Scope
Since 2003 IOM in the southern Africa region has focussed on Health Promotion and Assistance for Migrants through its regional programme, “Partnership on HIV and Mobility in Southern Africa”. As from July 2010 the programme entered its third phase and now includes East Africa and is known as “Partnership on Health and Mobility in East and Southern Africa” (PHAMESA).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The Senior Project Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the overall migration health projects, interventions and activities. Specific duties will include the following:
- Provide regular support to the management and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the on-going migration health activities in Swaziland; resolve issues related to project implementation.
- Provide technical support and input to the development of various migration health tools and instruments such as technical guidelines, standard operating procedures, toolkits etc.; identifies issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions
Provide technical and logistical support to the country-specific implementation of regional PHAMESA initiatives on Service Delivery and Capacity Building (SDCB); Research and information Dissemination;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, public health, development studies, population studies or related discipline. Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline, an advantage
- University Diploma in the above fields with four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of public health practice and health promotion approaches
- 6 years of relevant experience in Health (specifically HIV, STI and TB) Development, preferably with understanding of community development approaches and methodologies and Social Sciences;
- A good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities and social and cultural constraints and realities in different project sites is desirable;
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org under the REFERENCE: VNSW2017/01-Senior Project Assistant in the subject line of your email:
- Cover Letter
- Detailed CV
- Copy of ID
- Personnel History form which you will find on http://southafrica.iom.int in the VACANCIES section
Kindly quote the REFERENCE-VNSW2017/01-Senior Project Assistant in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Please send your CV’s by April 7th 2017