Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of projects activities.
Compile, summarize, analyse, and present information/data on specific project topics,
highlighting noteworthy issues for the consideration of appropriate parties.
- Monitor budget implementation and propose adjustments as necessary.
Act as focal point for administrative coordination of project implementation, involving
extensive liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate
requests, obtain necessary clearances, follow-up on administrative actions, etc.
Draft status reports; identify shortfalls in delivery, bring them to the attention of the
supervisor and suggest corrective measures.
- Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, and other forms of documentation.
- Organize meetings, workshops and training sessions; prepare training materials and participate in the delivering of capacity building workshops.
- Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records.
- Participate in meetings and conferences; maintain effective liaison and coordination with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non- governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project.
- Monitor work of implementing partners and report any non-compliance to the supervisor.
Provide inputs for the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and
concept papers and provide general support for the development of new projects.
Provides guidance/training and assist in coordinating and monitoring work of other staff
in the unit; may supervise other staff as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.