Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office for Mauritius and Seychelles, and in coordination with relevant units at the Regional Office for Southern Africa (RO), the incumbent will be responsible to support the preparation, implementation and monitoring of programme’s and projects’ activities and participate in the overall daily office operations and administrative processes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support to the overall preparation and implementation of programme activities;
- Assist in the implementation the Project on Diaspora Engagement
Write project activity and donor reports, in compliance with donor requirements and IOM
internal procedures and processes;
- Facilitate the assistance and reintegration of voluntary returned vulnerable migrants;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 1 / 3
- Coordinate and provide logistic support in conjunction with internal and external meetings/workshops/training among the different components of the Diaspora project and other programme;
- Contribute to the implementation of gender mainstreaming in the programme;
Support the development of new programmatic opportunities and project proposals and initiatives, by inter alia collecting, systematically organizing and analysing information in
support to project development activities;
Contribute to the implementation of the Country Office communication strategy and
production of visibility material;
Assist the Head of Office in documenting best practices, editing and preparing relevant
situation/activities, updates, info sheets, publications, press-releases, newsletters,
presentations and other information materials;
Assist the Head of Office in maintaining regular working relations and communication on
projects with the government, national migration related agencies and institutions,
international organizations and NGOs, other project partners;
11.Comply with IOM programmatic, administrative and financial regulations and
- Act as back-up to the Canadian Visa Application Centre;
Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work
and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service;
- Perform other duties that might be assigned by the Head of Office.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Political Science or Social Studies with two years of relevant experience or
College Diploma in the aforementioned field of study with four years of relevant experience
Experience & Skills
- Experience in the area of migration and reintegration of migrants preferred;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government and Non-Governmental counterparts, international organizations, civil society or private sector entities;
- Strong analytical, organizational and reporting skills;
Basic knowledge and understanding of gender issued; strong commitment to the
goal of gender equality;
Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office;
Fluency in English and French is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Professionalism: demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
Page 2 / 3
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve
performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External and internal candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first- tier candidates and will be given priority over external applicants if they meet the minimum requirements.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their full applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) by email to [email protected], by October 07th, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (VN 2019-05) in the subject line of the email application. The Personal History (P11) form can be downloaded on the IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.09.2019 to 07.10.2019