Organizational Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, the Research intern will assist with the processing, management, analysis and report writing of PHAMESA research.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Research intern’s specific functions will include, but not limited to:
- Organizing PHAMESA research into a central database;
- Contribute to research tool development
- Enter data, run queries and do quality check of research data;
- Assist in data management in preparation for analysis
- Assist in data analysis
- Generate tables and graphs;
- Assist in developing research abstracts
- Assist in writing research reports
- Any other duties as required.
Education and Experience
Must be enrolled/finishing Honours/Masters university student in the field of Demography, Epidemiology, Public Health or Statistics
- Excellent oral and written English Skills
- Very good knowledge of statistical concepts
- Proficiency with MS Word, excel, access Proficiency with statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, Epi-Info)
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly;
- Proficiency with data management, quality assurance and database or spreadsheet maintenance;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- If you are qualified for this position please email the following to email@example.com under the REFERENCE: IVNRSA2017/01 in the subject line of your email:
- a. COVER LETTER MOTIVATING YOUR APPLICATION
- b. DETAILED CV
- c. COPY OF ID
- d. INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORM WHICH YOU WILL FIND ON HTTP://SOUTHAFRICA.IOM.INT IN THE VACANCIES SECTION
Kindly quote the REFERENCE- IVNRSA2017/01 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Please send your CV’s by 15 March 2017.
ENQUIRIES IN RESPECT TO THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS.