Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Record demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA upon receipt of the request for travel while confirming receipt to third parties, such as an embassy or Resettlement Support Center (RSC) and notify the Operations Associate (Movements and Data Processing) of the receipt of new requests for travel assistance.
- Secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines while guaranteeing limited access to physical files.
- Process exit permits in close coordination with supervisors and other IOM colleagues and relevant authorities.
- Ensure the issuance and timely dispatch of travel documents with Operations colleagues, from booking notifications to logistical assistance with exit processes closely coordinated.
- Prepare all travel-ready documentation for transfer to Field Support colleagues in collaboration and coordination with supervisors while ensuring the travel bag has all necessary documentation to depart the country.
- Prepare reports as requested on the receipt of documentation to time of service delivery; inform supervisors on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions. Report any problems encountered like denials of exit permits, reasons for such denials and possible solutions.
- Assist in preparing regular data mining reports in order to ensure that MiMOSA is up-to-date, accurate and maintains the integrity of relevant Movement Operations projects.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Associate (Movement and Data Processing) and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Operations Associate (Movement and Data Processing) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
CO Pretoria, South Africa
G5 (UN Salary Scale for General Staff)
Wednesday, December 16, 2020