Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Lesotho, and close coordination with the Regional M&E Officer, Regional Project Development & Reporting Officer, and Regional Thematic Specialists (RTSs) for Southern Africa, as well as project and finance staff in IOM Lesotho, the incumbent’s overall responsibility will be to provide technical support on M&E, PD and Reporting to the project coordinators in the mission for all ongoing and new projects.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
M&E / reporting
1. Support the development and roll out of project M&E Frameworks, guidelines, plans or tools to guide quality M&E in the projects.
2. Provide technical support for the collection, analysis and management of regional projects’ M&E data and facilitate its access by relevant internal and external stakeholders.
3. Support the regular review of M&E plans, tools and other documents such as results matrices, reporting templates etc., as may be necessary in coordination with relevant colleagues or partners.
4. In coordination with HoO and project coordinator, conduct periodic field visits to project sites, to ascertain and promote adherence to agreed standards and timelines of implementation; create greater awareness of reporting requirements; ascertain use of appropriate M&E data collection methods and build capacity thereof; and gather information on implementation bottlenecks to ensure timely implementation of projects.
5. Contribute to the development of periodic internal and/or donor reports by providing M&E data and content, ensuring that results are aligned to indicators outlined in results matrices, as well as ensuring that reporting is in aligned to IOM standards, donor standards, and results based
6. Provide feedback to project coordinators for programme revisions and amendments based on monitoring or evaluation findings
7. Contribute to capacity building efforts on M&E in the mission and its Implementing Partner NGOs including through training, mentorship, coaching and sharing of information.
8. Contribute to the mainstreaming and measurement of gender in all project M&E activities including but not limited to Gender disaggregation of M&E data, engendering project results statements and indicators, ensuring that gender measurements are included in baseline, mid-term or end line evaluations and in monitoring activities.
9. Contribute to the drafting process for Annual Institutional Questionnaire an UNDAF Reporting in coordination with project coordinators
10. Provide regular support to the management and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the on-going diaspora engagement activities in Lesotho and provide monthly update on the progress and challenges of the project to HoO;
11. Provide technical support and input to the development of various diaspora
engagement tools such as questionnaire, registration form for diaspora in South Africa and beyond; identifies issues and initiates requisite follow-up actions
- 12. Provide technical and logistical support in the implementation of diaspora engagement projects; specifically a. Providing logistical support to the establishment and convening of relevant project technical committees;
- b. Assist in MoFAIR organize key activities such as Diaspora Outreach Forum, Diaspora policy development, diaspora profiling and registration, formulation of association;
- c. Monitor the activities and track the results;
- 13. Undertaking project administrative duties related to overall diaspora engagement activities in Lesotho including tracking budgets, contract management and reporting;
14. In close coordination with HoO, plan and implement MGI monitoring, hold NCC meetings and develop annual report on the MGI indicator.
15. In close coordination with HoO plan and implement SDG pilot initiatives in collecting baseline of selected SDG indicator.
16. Represent IOM in M&E, Pillar 1 (Governance) of UNDAF and SDG group in the UN System
18. Under the guidance of HoO, contribute to the project development efforts in the mission in coordination with the RSTs, Regional Project Development Officer, and project coordinator in relevant migration areas
19. Undertaking other tasks as required