Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Produce spatial analysis, maps and related information products from the regional mixed migration data to support the Regional Data Hub activities including support to EU-IOM Joint Initiatives project and Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM).
- Assist Regional Data Hub by contributing to the design, development and systematic maintenance of a relevant spatial data infrastructure to facilitate management of the spatial data in the Region.
- Assist in maintenance of the IOM geo-database at regional level in coordination with the county missions and global DTM GIS team to ensure the geo-database across the Region is accurate, up to date and compatible.
- Assist harmonising data visualization outputs produced across the Region by supporting the country missions with design standards for cartographic products in order to unify global, regional and country DTM outputs.
- Assist in ensuring that common spatial data standards are followed during the data collection process by providing the necessary geographic data such as administrative units and locations.
- Identify needs and advise on improvements to GIS/mapping tools, products and processes including through task automation and other advanced scripting.
- Support engagement and liaison with IM/GIS focal points in the country missions to promote coordination and knowledge sharing.
- Provide technical support and inputs into ongoing information management initiatives and partnerships in the Country Offices and the Regional Data Hub.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IOM Regional Office in Pretoria
G-5 (UN Salary scale for General Service Employees in the Republic of South Africa)
Thursday, March 19, 2020