Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and under technical supervision of Senior Regional Resource Management Officer, based in South Africa, Pretoria, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out Financial and administrative tasks at IOM’s country office in Swaziland. The role is multi-faceted and entails a range of different responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare and process all the financial data of the mission and ensure entries are accurately coded into SAP (IOM financial system).
- Ensure the monthly financial closure of accounts are done timely and ensure hardcopies of financial reports are sent to Manila Accounting Services (MAS) at the Head Quarters in Manila.
- Assist with checking of invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided
- Preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Processing of operations / accounting returns for the mission
- Prepare settlement of travel authorizations and ensure that calculations in expense claims conform to the new travel rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely clearing of staff vendor accounts
- Prepare of donor financial reports in accordance with the IOM regulations and established procedures for the mission
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA Degree in Accounting or Financial Management
- A minimum of 3-years relevant work experience in the Accounting / Finance field
- Experience in SAP (is advantage)
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org under the REFERENCE: VNSW2017/02-Finance and Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your email:
- Cover Letter
- Detailed CV
- Copy of ID
- Personnel History form which you will find on http://southafrica.iom.int in the VACANCIES section
Kindly quote the REFERENCE-VNSW2017/02 - Finance and Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Please send your CV’s by April 7th 2017