Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator in Pretoria, South Africa, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Prepare a detailed program and workplan for the consultancy which outlines the methodologies and approaches for capacity building to prevent and respond to violence and victims of violence,
2. Develop a provincial and community Strategic Engagement Plan based on mapping of national violence reduction social networks,
3. Identify entry points for establishing community led peace building mechanisms in targeted provinces and provide six reports on the same (2 per province),
4. Develop training methodologies and provide appropriate training modules for government and community peace building mechanisms in KZN, Gauteng and Western Cape to support capacity development
5. Train community peace focal points to engage in peace building activities and develop reports on analysis of pre and post training evaluation to act as a baseline ;
6. Conduct mapping of targeted communities, multi-stakeholder analysis, including a gender analysis on the drivers and manifestation of racism, xenophobia, related intolerance and violence at community level and submit reports and information sheets on the same;
7. Gather disaggregated data by age, gender, disability and nationality taking into consideration the multiple and intersectional forms of discrimination faced by particular groups within the migrant and refugee community and provide a report on number of individuals that are aware of and receiving legal, psychosocial and administrative support
8. Conduct an assessment of existing social networks and capacities for violence reduction based on gender and age disaggregated data.
9. Draft a report based on the outcome of the assessment to inform the programming interventions.