The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a dynamic and growing intergovernmental organization, with 162 member states. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The PHAMESA/ Rifpumelo Strategic Information Consultant will form part of the Ripfumelo team and will be responsible to:
- Review various tools for different surveys such as the DHS, HSRC Household survey and NSP etc. and explore possibility for migration focused analysis as part of the baseline assessment
- Establish partnership with the National Department of Health and South African National AIDS Council M&E units;
- Take stock of existing project data and analyse key trends to guide project
- Assist in quantitative reporting of the Ripfumelo and PHAMESA projects;
- Oversee the upcoming Rifpumelo project evaluations and research activities
- Organizing Ripfumelo M&E and research into a central database;
- Provide technical support in the development of M&E and research tools
- Enter data, run queries and do quality check of M&E and research data;
- Assist in data management in preparation for data analysis
- Regularly generate tables and graphs on data collected from implementing partners;
- Any other duties as required.
Education and Experiennce
- Masters degree in at least one of the following discipline‐ Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography, Epidemiology, Public Health or Statistics
- Demonstrated experience in development project evaluation
- Excellent oral and written English Skills;
- Very good knowledge of statistical concepts;
- Proficiency with MS Word, excel, access
- Proficiency with statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, Epi‐Info)
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly;
- Proficiency with data management, quality assurance and database or spreadsheet maintenance;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment; and
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines.
Understanding of Portuguese and French will be an added advantage
6 -9 Months
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to email@example.com under the REFERENCE: COSA2016/04 in the subject line of your email:
a. Cover letter motivating your application
b. Detailed CV
c. Copy of ID
d. IOM consultancy information form which you will find on HTTP://SOUTHAFRICA.IOM.INT in the vacancies section
Kindly quote the REFERENCE‐ COSA2016/04 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more vacancy details please click on link: PHAMESA-Ripfumelo Strategic Information Consultant.pdf
Please click on link for consultants information form: Consultants Information Form_Annex B.pdf