The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a dynamic and growing intergovernmental organization, with 162 member states. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Consultant will provide overall management support to capacity building and gender related activities under the Ripfumelo II project and will specifically:
- Conduct an assessment and gap analysis of HIV and gender activities within the Ripfumelo II Project;
- Develop technical guidelines/ Standard Operating Procedures of integrating gender and migration within the Ripfumelo Project (considering IOM and USAID existing guidelines);
- Provide technical support and guidance to implementing partners to develop, implement and monitor effective interventions addressing sexual and gender-based violence and norms on masculinity in the context of HIV;
- Review and update current training material on Gender, HIV/Health and Migration
- Develop simple tools to implement, monitor and evaluate on the ground interventions;
- Develop Social and Behavioural Change Communication approaches and material on gender, HIV and Migration strategy , mechanisms and tools developed;
- Regular monitoring and reporting on capacity building on HIV gender and migration activities;
- Document field lessons learnt and emerging practices on gender, HIV and Migration;
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned.
Education and Experience
- Advanced educational background on gender studies;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, public health, development studies, population studies or related discipline. Advanced university degree in public health and or community/ social development discipline, an advantage;
- In-depth public health practice and health promotion approaches;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Gender and Health (specifically HIV, STI and TB) Development, preferably with understanding of community development approaches and methodologies and Social Sciences;
- A good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities and social and cultural constraints and realities in different project sites is desirable;
- Experience with working with government sector and/or the UN will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
If you are qualified for this position please email the following to email@example.com under the REFERENCE: COSA2016/02 in the subject line of your email:
a. Cover letter motivating your application
b. Detailed CV
c. Copy of ID
d. IOM consultancy information form which you will find on HTTP://SOUTHAFRICA.IOM.INT in the vacancies section
Kindly quote the REFERENCE‐ COSA2016/02 in the subject line of your application. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more vacancy information please click on link: Migration Health Project Consultant- Capacity Building on Gender HIV and Migration.pdf
To access consultants information form please click on link: Consultants Information Form_Annex B.pdf