Under the general supervision of the Head of Office and reporting directly to the Administrative and Finance Assistant, the Incumbent will provide administrative and logistical support to the IOM Mission in Mauritius, also covering Seychelles.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the process of recruitment and selection of staff and non-staff
- Assist with the record and maintain attendance records (timekeeping);
- Assist with renewing of diplomatic IDs, Residence and Work Permits;
Create and maintain an orderly filing system – both electronically and in hard copy –
according to IOM general guidelines;
Prepare various contracts and agreements according to rules and regulations of IOM
and keep record of all consultancy contracts of IOM.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 1 / 3
- Create and maintain database for consultants and interns;
Assist with checking of invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or
services they refer to were duly received or provided;
Prepare settlement of travel authorizations and ensure that calculations in expense
claim are conforming to the new travel rules and regulations.
Assist in preparing payment requests for service providers and facilitate
reimbursement for staff
LOGISTICS / PROCUREMENT:
10. Drives office vehicles to discharge procurement/logistical activities and transport IOM
staff on official duties. Responsible for renewal of vehicle licenses.
11. Assist with the procurement, storage, inventory, insurance, and asset management
of goods and services;
12.Assist in maintaining an inventory of program assets and equipment, and the
provision of office supplies and consumables;
Assist with the follow-up with suppliers for the timely delivery of requested supplies
and materials and keep the concerned project staff informed on the status of the
delivery; negotiate with suppliers and resolve issues related to delivered goods.
Support the logistic unit with the preparation of purchase request forms (PRF) and prepare the request for quotations (RFQ), obtain quotations and prepare Bids
Assist in organizing workshops, meetings and conferences in coordination with other
16. Provide support to ongoing projects or programs. 17. Such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience
• High school certificate with two (2) years of experience
Experience & Skills
• At least one (1) year of relevant experience in managing administrative tasks, logistics, driving and procurement
• Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
Page 2 / 3
- Integrity and transparency: maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
Professionalism: demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve
performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 14th, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement (VN 2019-04) in the subject line of the email application.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts complete applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation and Personal History (P11) form).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is compulsory for all applications to be accompanied by a Personal History (P11) form that can be downloaded from IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa vacancy webpage: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy.
Republication from 01.10.2019 to 14.10.2019