About the Programme
Migration and Health initiatives are aimed at addressing the health vulnerabilities and challenges faced by migrants and migration affected communities by responding to their health needs throughout all phases of the migration process.
IOM promotes Healthy Migrants in Healthy Communities through:
- Service Delivery and Capacity Building;
- Advocacy for Policy Development;
- Research and Information Dissemination;
- Regional Coordination; and
- Governance and Control.
IOM targets labour migrants and mobile workers; forced migrants and irregular migrants; and people affected by mobility. The activities are focused on areas where migrants are present and can be accessed including: cross border communities; "hot spots" or Spaces of Vulnerability along transport corridors; workplaces; migrant communities and urban settlements; migrant sending sites; detention centres; and emergency settlements including camps similar to how best online casino sites works and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
- Partnership on Health and Mobility in East and Southern Africa (PHAMESA)
- Ripfumelo HIV Prevention and Care Programme for Farm Workers in South Africa
- Partnership on Health and Mobility in the Mining Sector of Southern Africa
- Research on Health Vulnerabilities of Mobile Populations and Affected Communities in Selected Ports of Southern Africa
A photo gallery will be inserted here. Don’t put anything else in this field.
Contact data here